the innate sense of purpose and direction in my life is this: to love others and help them become whomever it is they are to become. to nurture and inspire the loving creative nature of people-whomever i encounter-so that they, in turn, might some day do the same for others, regardless of their chosen profession or path in life.
eventually i want to make a career out of offering art experiences, crafty adventures, creative fellowship, and the like to those who are lacking such outlets in their lives.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

cost benefit analysis

what is the cost of a full moment today and an empty heart tomorrow?

on the road to my future, divergent paths cloud my journey with uncertainty and i am lost."i'm happy to be with you now..." it says, as i lay vulnerable in it's warm outstretched arms. when given the choice between a fleeting "now" and an uncertain "future" how do i choose?

this pebble on my heart weighs evermore and more with each passing moment. "don't be sad. this is life, you've got to live it." it says. but at what cost? i wonder... am i wasting my time, wasting my life, giving myself away to a force that will bear me no return?

when the cost of a full moment today is an empty heart tomorrow, is there a benefit?

i think my heart knows, but do i?

No comments: