the innate sense of purpose and direction in my life is this: to love others and help them become whomever it is they are to become. to nurture and inspire the loving creative nature of people-whomever i encounter-so that they, in turn, might some day do the same for others, regardless of their chosen profession or path in life.
eventually i want to make a career out of offering art experiences, crafty adventures, creative fellowship, and the like to those who are lacking such outlets in their lives.

Monday, October 13, 2008

rejuvenation and the slow turn around

working on slowly turning this day...the past few days...back around to a place of productivity and positive energy.

a short summary:
friday and saturday=good; spent some good fun time with my family.

sunday=started good but took a turn for the worse with my cousin from VA ending up in the hospital with a ruptured tubal pregnancy and me playing chauffeur/grandma-sitter/baby sitter for my g-ma and my cousin's 18 mo. old baby when i should have been writing a paper that is due on Tues...stayed up after everyone went to bed until 3am monday working on it.

monday=started too early as i had to, again, help my g-ma with the baby--a 33 lb. 18 mo. old whom g-ma cannot lift. so sleep deprived and annoyed--my g-ma is not the most tolerable person on the planet--i have to try to be productive. granted, my sisters provided some needed respite in the midst of it all... but the atmosphere was still not conducive to what i needed to get done.

alas, the slow turn around began when i got some good news from a wonderful friend regarding a certain type of journal i'm in LOVE with. i've not been able to find them in my local area. she's visiting her family out west and, as it turns out, found them at the local Borders and purchased a few for me; YEAH! i was so happy i wanted to cry, literally!! then, despite wanting more time to spend with my mom whom i've not been able to see much during my time home, i have run away to the local Panera Bread for free wireless and some, hopefully, quiet productive time and rejuvenation.

how is it that i always end up feeling like i need a break from my breaks?

No comments: